This post will help in activating your new or used SIM card in your new iPhone.
- First you will need to insert the SIM card depending upon how you have got your iPhone or services. If you have got an iPhone directly from the carrier then it will come with the SIM card inserted in it or in the box.
NOTE: The SIM card needs to be activated by your carrier and if you are trying to use a SIM card from a carrier other than your own on a Locked phone, you won’t be able to activate your phone. And for that you will need to contact the carrier to unlock it.
==> If you have got the phone from any carrier store then they must have inserted and activated the SIM card for you already.
- Power on your new iPhone by holding the lock button until a white Apple logo appears on the screen.
- Start setting uo your phone, by pressing the Home button and select a language and region.
- Please connect your new iPhone to a good WiFi to complete the setup.
- As soon as you connect your phone to WiFi, it will start to activate itself. You may be asked to enter your Apple ID, email address and password before the activation begins.
- Finish your phone activation by choosing the backup from which to restore your iPhone or setting it up as a new iPhone, entering your Apple ID, and setting various other preferences. Once you reach the Lock screen, your iPhone will be successfully activated and setup.
Steps to do after your iPhone is activated:
1. Connect it to a good WiFi connection
2. From the home screen, tap Phone. The Data Profile and PRL both will be updated.
3. On the keypad, dial ##873283# and tap the Call icon.
4. Tap OK. The handset will look for profile updates and will install them.
5. Tap OK.
6. The Data Profile has been updated.
7. Wait for 2 minutes and then restart your iPhone.
Soon you will see the signal bars on your phone and you will be able to call, text and surf on your iPhone.