Our life has become more dependent on Smartphones and due to this we all keep our phones protected/safe more than ourselves while we are in crowd so that it is not lost or stolen. There are a ot of things you can do in order to keep your phone protected so that when your phone is lost or stolen you can erase your phone’s data making sure that the thief doesn’t have access to it or missuse it.
For that, we have Anti-Theft software developed in order to save our Smartphones. So, here is in this post you will learn how you can protect your phone and it’s data from stealing.
The Anti-theft systems protect valuables like vehicles and private property like wallets, phones, and jewelry, they’re also utilized in retail settings to guard merchandise within the sort of security tags and labels. Anti-theft systems include devices like locks and keys, RFID tags, and GPS locators.
The AVG Anti-Theft Application will help you secure your Smartphone and I will share the steps hereby that you can enable or activate in your phones.
In order to use AVG Anti-Theft App, you will first need to install the AVG Antivirus for Android.
Once you have installed the AVG Antivirus please follow the steps below to enable/activate Anti-Theft program:
1. Open AVG Antivirus App in your smartphone, then tap Menu (Three lines).
2. Select ‘Anti-Theft’ from the options.
3. Read the privacy notice and then click on Continue.
4. Tap on Set a PIN code (If you have already created the PIN before then you are not required to create one again).
5. You will be asked to select a Google account for a PIN reset. Please select the Google account and then tap OK to confirm.
6. Enter a PIN code and type it again to confirm.
7. Tap Continue to set the PIN code.
NOTE: Before you can activate the Anti-Theft feature, you need to grant AVG AntiVirus several permissions in your device Settings. These permissions are essential for you to track and control your device remotely.
Also, the steps shared might vary according to your device model.
8. Tap Grant Necesssay Permission.
9. Tap Go To Settings. To grant the system overlay permission, tap the white (OFF) slider next to AntiVirus so that it changes to blue (ON).
10. Tap Go To Settings. Tap Activate to grant the Device admin permission.
11. Tap Grant Permission. To grant the Usage Access permission, select AntiVirus, and tap the white (OFF) slider next to Allow usage tracking so that it changes to blue (ON).
12. Tap Go To Settings. To grant the Write settings permission, tap the white (OFF) slider next to Allow permission so that it changes to blue (ON).
13. Tap Request Permissions to proceed with setup.
14. Tap Allow on each dialog that appears to grant the remaining necessary permissions. You may need to grant the following permissions:
- Media and files
- Record audio
Now, please follow the steps to connect to your AVG account:
1. Open AVG antivirus app and select Anti-Theft from the drop-down menu
2. Tap on Connect to your AVG Account.
3. Tap on set up Web controls – Email
4. Please enter your AVG account credentials and tap on Log In AVG Account. If you do not have an AVG account then you will need to Sign Up.
Your AVG Antivirus App for Android is now connected to your AVG account.
You are directed to the Anti-Theft setup screen. To complete the Anti-Theft setup, tap Activate Anti-Theft. Alternatively, tap Set a pattern to access protected areas of your device with a swipe gesture rather than a PIN code.
For more details please visit AVG official website below:
This was all for today and I hope this will help you secure your data from stealing.
Till then, Happy Surfing!
Stay Home! Stay Safe! 🙂