In our day to day lives, we all come across a number of issues when it comes to our smartphones being it is an Android or iPhone. So, here in this post, I will help you learn how you can force restart your iPhones.
Also, what if you’re iPhone is frozen then what you will need to do.
Force restart an iPhone with Face ID, iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus:
1. Press and quickly release the volume up button
2. Press and quickly release the volume down button
3. Press and hold the side button
4. When the Apple logo appears, release the buttons.
Force restart iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus:
1. Press and hold the volume down button and sleep/wake button
2. When the Apple logo appears, release buttons.
Force restart iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, or iPhone SE (1st generation):
1. Press and hold the sleep/wake button and the Home button
2. When the Apple logo appears, release the buttons.
NOTE: If your iPhone still doesn’t turn on, or if it gets stuck during startup, please follow the procedure:
1. Plug in your iPhone and charge it up for an hour.
2. You can see the charging screen after a few minutes.
3. Please do check the jack, USB cable, and power adapter, if you don’t see a charging screen within an hour, or you see the connect to power screen. Make sure it is plugged in correctly, free of any damage. You may need to change the USB cable if the phone still doesn’t charge with your current USB cable.
If your iPhone turns on but gets stuck when starting up (If you see the Apple logo or red or blue screen then follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Connect your iPhone to a computer. Open Finder on a Mac with Mac OS Catalina 10.15. Open iTunes on a Mac running Mac OS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, or on a PC.
2. Locate your iPhone on your computer.
3. When your iPhone is connected please follow the steps below:
(a) For iPhone 8 or above: Press the Volume Up button and release it easily. Click and release the Volume Down button rapidly. Then, when you see the Recovery Mode pad, press and hold the Side button.
(b) For iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, and iPod touch (7th generation): Press and hold the Top (or Side) and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the Recovery-mode screen.
4. When you see the option to restore or update, please click on Update. Your computer will try to re-install your iOS and that too without erasing your phone’s data.
Your computer will download your device’s software. Your iPhone will leave the recovery mode if it takes longer than 15 minutes then you will need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
If you need further assistance or if you are experiencing any of the listed below problems then please contact Apple Care Support.
==> If you still see a blank/black screen, after charging or restarting through the steps in the post.
==> If you see a blank/black screen but you can not hear or see any alert or notification.
==> The screen remains black, but when you unmute it and attach it to power, the device chirps.
==> If your screen is finally ON but you are unable to perform any actions like slide or tap or any other gestures.
==> You are unable to restart your device as the button is broken or froze.
==> The device is stuck on the Apple logo or shows solid colors like red or blue and also not recognized by iTunes.
In our upcoming posts we will come out with more solutions to your problems related to iPhone devices.
This was all about how you can force restart your iPhone and other issues related to it.
Please stay tuned for more exciting posts on our website.
Till then please Stay Home & Stay Safe!