In the era of Social Media and technology, we all have so many accounts online due to which forget our usernames or passwords. This happens to me all the time and when I can’t remember them, the only option left is to reset the password to regain access to my account.
So, in this post, you will learn how to reset your Apple ID password if you have forgotten.
In order to reset the password please use a trusted device like iPhone, iPad, Mac, iPod touch, etc. You can also use your friend’s or family’s devices if yours isn’t working. And while doing so make sure you are signed in to an iCloud account on an eligible device and have 2-factor authentication enabled for Apple ID.
To Reset password through you iPhone, iPad or iPod follow the steps below:
1. Go to ‘Settings‘.
2. Tap [your name] > Password & Security > Change Password.
3. If you are signed in to iCloud and have a passcode enabled, you will be prompted to enter the passcode for your device.
4. Follow the onscreen steps to update your password.
Steps to reset password On your Mac:
1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Apple ID.
2. Click Password & Security.
3. If you’re asked to enter your Apple ID password, click “Forgot Apple ID or password” and follow the instructions.
4. Click on ‘Change Password’. Before doing that you will be asked to enter your password with which you used to unlock your Mac.
NOTE: You may be able to reset your password using a trusted phone number, or trusted email. If you have a recovery key then use it to reset your password.
Make use of ‘Find My iPhone’ App as well to reset your Apple ID password:
1. Open the Find My iPhone app.
2. When a Sign In screen appears, make sure the Apple ID field is empty. If you see someone else’s username, please erase it.
==> If you don’t see a Sign In screen? Tap Sign Out. After you sign out, make sure the Apple ID field is empty. Then tap Forgot Apple ID or Password, and follow the onscreen steps.
3. Tap Forgot Apple ID or Password, then follow the steps.
If you are still unable to reset your Apple ID password using the above method or steps then you might not be signed in to an iCloud account on a trusted device and 2 Step Authentication not enabled for Apple ID. Then please follow the steps below:
1. Go to the Apple ID account page and then click on “Forgot Apple ID or password.”
2. Enter your Apple ID.
3. Select the option to reset your password and click on Continue.
4. Then you will be prompted to how you would like to reset your password:
(a) If you have an account with security questions set up, you can select “Answer security questions” and follow the rest of the steps.
(b) You can also get an email to reset your password by clicking on ‘Get an email’.
(c) If you are asked for a recovery key then use the 2 Step Authentication.
If you tried all these steps above have no luck, then we strongly recommend you to contact Apple care Support team either online or via call.
Please use the link below to reach out to Apple Care team:
That was all for today till then Happy Surfing!
Stay Home, Stay Safe!