Whenever we switch to a new smartphone, the first thing we think of after activating the phone is how to get the data transferred to the new phone. If you have synced your Gmail account to the Backup on your old phone then it will be easier for one to simply log in using the same Gmail account in the new phone and all the backup data will be transferred automatically in your new phone.
But what if you do not have a Gmail account logged in to backup done on the old phone or what if you have lost the credentials of the Gmail backup option.
So, for that, I hereby bring to you the method of transferring the data from your Android phone to the iPhone.
There are a few things you need to be sure of before beginning the process:
==> Your Android device should be ON and connected to WiFi.
==> Put your new iOS device and your Android device into power.
==> Please make sure the amount of data you are about to transfer to your new device will fit in it.
==> Also if you wish to transfer your Google Chrome Bookmarks then you will need to install an update to the latest version of the browser.
Follow the steps below to get started:
- Download the Move to the iOS application from the Playstore and App store.
- When your new iOS device is activated or setup completely then look for the option ‘App and Data Screen’. Then tap on ‘Move Data from Android’.
- On your Android device, open the Move to iOS app and tap Continue. Read the terms and conditions that appear. To continue, tap Agree, then tap Next in the top-right corner of the Find Your Code screen.
- On your iPhone, tap Continue on the screen called Move from Android. Then wait for a ten-digit or six-digit code to appear. If your Android device shows an alert that you have a weak Internet connection, just ignore the alert.
- Now enter the code in your Android device and wait for the data transfer screen to appear.
- Time to choose the content you want to move from your Android device to iPhone. Even if your Android phone says that the process is complete please do not exit that and leave both the phones alone until the loading bar that appears on your iOS device finishes. The transfer will depend upon the size of the data you transferring.
- After the loading bar finishes on your iOS device, tap Done on your Android device. Then tap Continue on your iOS device to complete the setup for your iPhone.
- Make sure all the data transfer is finished.
After you have set up your new iPhone then you are all set to use the services. Happy surfing!!! 🙂