There are many possible uses for the facial ID feature on your iPhone. It enables you to sign in to apps or authenticate purchases. It’s an exciting new technology, but if yours is crashing, then it is often frustrating too. The primary thing you’ll get to do is check to ascertain if your iPhone model supports face ID or not.
I. The Face ID is a facial technology for new iPhone devices and only supports iPhone X, XS, XS Max, XR, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, and iPad Pro (third and fourth generation).
Once you know if your device supports Face ID or not then please check for any updates to your iOS. Also, please do not forget to backup your iPhone using iTunes or iCloud before installing any updates to make sure you do not lose any data.
1. Plug your device to a power supply and connect to a WiFi network
2. Tap Settings
3. Go to General
4. If you find any Software updates then please hit ‘Install‘ and let it complete.
5. You can also tap ‘Install Tonight’ if you prefer that the updates to be installed while you’re sleeping.
6. Once the updates are installed please check to see if the Face ID issue has fixed. If not then please move on to the next option.
II. Check your Face ID Settings
This will help you determine if your device is configured to use the Face ID feature.
Please follow the steps below:
1. Go to ‘Setting‘.
2. Hit ‘Face ID & Passcode‘.
3. Please check to see if Face ID is set up correctly, also make sure to check if iPhone Unlock and Apple Pay is turned On in the features for Face ID to work.
III. What needs to be done if Face ID is not yet set up on your device
If you have not set up Face Id yet then please follow the steps below on your device:
1. Go to ‘Settings‘.
2. Hit ‘Face Id & Passcode‘ and you will be prompted to enter your passcode as well.
3. Tap on ‘Setup Face ID’.
4. Position your phone in front of your phone and click on ‘Get Started‘.
5. Make sure to position your face completely inside the frame and gently move your head to complete the circle.
6. When a Face ID scan is done, please click on ‘Continue‘.
7. Gently move your head around to complete the second circle.
8. Tap ‘Done’. If you have not yet set the passcode then you will be prompted to do so.
IV. Add on an Alternate Appearance
Face ID should learn to acknowledge you albeit you modify aspects of your appearance. even if you look vastly different, like if you’ve grown a beard for some time, then for that you have an option to ‘Add on an alternative appearance‘. Follow the steps below to set up alternative appearance:
1. Go to ‘Settings‘.
2. Click o ‘Face ID and Passcode‘ and you’ll be asked to enter passcode too.
3. Tap on ‘Set up an Alternate Appearance‘.
4. Position your face in front of your phone to make it comes inside the circle to scan your face completely.
5. When the Face ID scan is finished then hit ‘Done‘.
After performing all these tricks, if you are still experiencing issues then please contact Apple Care Support team either online or via call.
Use the link below for Apple Support online:
That was all for today till then Happy Surfing!
Stay Home, Stay Safe!