Prime Minister Narendra Modi is presenting India’s agenda to tackle climate change at the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Glasgow and listing steps taken by the country so far to tackle the problem that stares the world in the face. Here are the top quotes from his address
- Mindless, destructive consumption must stop
- For me, the Paris climate conference was not a summit, it was a sentiment, a commitment
- I am proud to say India is responsible for just 5% of the emissions.
- The whole world now accepts that India is the only major economy which delivered on the Paris commitments in letter and spirit.
- Indian Railways has set the target of achieving net zero emissions by 2030
- India will reach net zero emission goal by 2070
- Climate change is detrimental to survival of many developing nations